General Washington Apple Health Hearing Information

Do I need a hearing?

You may not. If there is information missing and the Health Care Authority (HCA) gets that information, a hearing could be avoided.

You can resolve some issues without a hearing.

Contact the HCA Representative to see if your case is missing any information.

You can call HCA at 1-800-562-3022.

How can I request a hearing?

You can request a hearing through HCA by using their Forms and Publications and use form 12-511 or call 1-800-562-3022.

You can also request a hearing online at

You can also call OAH at 360-407-2700 or 800-583-8271 and they can begin the process.

It is your responsibility to request a hearing on time. Read your Health Care Authority Apple Health notice carefully. It gives the deadline.

Can I change the hearing date?

Yes. You can change the pre-hearing or hearing date if you have a good reason. Before calling OAH, you should call the Agency Representative listed on your Notice. Do this as soon as possible.

Call OAH to make your request at 360-407-2700. The judge will decide if the date or time will be changed. You still need to appear and be prepared for your hearing, unless you are notified the date is changed. If it is changed, you will receive another written notice with the new date and time.

What if I want to cancel my hearing?

The best way to cancel your hearing is to email

You could also fax or send a letter to OAH or HCA.

Your written request must include:

  • Docket number or client ID
  • That you want to cancel the hearing
  • Print (type) your full name at the end, which counts as your signature

You cannot sign for your spouse or another party over age 18 unless you are approved as an appellant representative.

Please call OAH at 360-407-2700 if you have questions.

What if my phone number or address changes?

If your phone number or address changes, call OAH as soon as possible at 360-407-2700 or 800-583-8271. You should also call HCA at 800-562-3022.

What if I need an interpreter?

If you want an interpreter, click Interpreter Request or call OAH as soon as possible. The state will pay for the interpreter. Family members and friends cannot be your interpreter at the hearing.

For a free translation of OAH documents, call 800-583-8271.

What if I have a disability and require an accommodation?

If you need an accommodation, use this Accommodation Request or call OAH as soon as possible at 360-407-2700 or 800-583-8271.

Do I need a lawyer?

No, you do not need a lawyer. Most people represent themselves. You may have an approved representative who is over age 18 and is a:

  • Lawyer
  • Family member
  • Friend

They cannot work for HCA, OAH, DSHS, or DCYF.

The state does not pay for your representative.