Details are being generated. Please be patient...

Top 6 Questions


Question 1

The Health Care Authority (HCA) said everything is fine.  I have insurance now.  I still received a Notice of Hearing.  Why is this hearing still scheduled?


Answer 1

The Office of Administrative Hearings (OAH) does not have all of your information.  If you are receiving insurance and no longer want a hearing, you need to call HCA. 


Please call them at 1-800-562-3022 or email


Question 2

HCA needed paperwork from me.  I gave them what they needed.  Is this hearing still necessary?


Answer 2

Possibly.  The Office of Administrative Hearings does not know if HCA needs any other paperwork.


Please call them at 1-800-562-3022 or email


Question 3

I have a new problem with my insurance.  Can this new problem also be discussed during the hearing?


Answer 3

It depends.  Sometimes a new problem can be heard at the same time.  Sometimes it will require a new hearing.  Please talk to HCA and they will be able to tell you.


If a new hearing is needed, you can make the request with either HCA or with OAH.


Question 4

How do I know if I need this hearing? 


Answer 4

In many cases, the Health Care Authority (HCA) is simply missing some information.  Contact the HCA Representative to see if your case is missing any information. 


You can call HCA at 1-855-623-9357.  You will also receive a letter from HCA with contact information.


You may be able to resolve some issues before the hearing. 


Question 5

HCA said that the problem is resolved.  How do I know if I have my insurance in place?


Answer 5

If you and HCA have come to an agreement, you have options.

Question 6

My income has changed.  What do I need to do?


Answer 6

Please call HCA at 1-800-562-3022 or email




Additional Information

Washington State Office of Administrative Hearings | Build Version: 1.04c